31 January 2012

Water

On my way to shoot and meetup with some of the iStock contributers this morning I noticed plumes of smoke rising out of the suburb of Macassar. Initially I drove past not thinking much about the smoke but something got the better of me and I turned around and went back to see if there was anything worth shooting.

The thick smoke rising out of Macassar was the result of residents blocking the road with burning tyres protesting for their water supply which was about be turned off by the council. Unfortunately thats all I know about the reasons for the protest, but its happening in Cape Town, right now, just down the road.





2 comments:

  1. Cool shots Micky, everyone except the yellow shirt guy looks pretty stoked to be protesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah who said protesting shouldn't be fun :)

    ReplyDelete