19 September 2010

India part2

Sunita, owner of Prajwala, an NGO which rescues young girls from sex trafficking discusses plans at the constructions site of the new rescue center in Hyderabad.




A brothel owner and a client in one of the many brothels in Delhi.

Its great to get out of the conference and back out to where people's stories happen reality. I have been meeting more inspiring people making a real difference on some of the most disturbing issues in the world today. It makes me wonder, how can there be so much time and money spent on media especially the news on things that don't really matter. Every day thousands of young girls are sold as slaves in the sex industry! Why is this not on the news and topic of discussion every single day? Why is this not something which everyone is aware of, and why is not enough being done?

I feel like I could write a lot but I also feel like right now I don't know what to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment